About Gold Filled
WHAT IS GOLD FILLED?
- Gold filled is a beautiful, more affordable alternative to solid gold.
- It's created by taking a thick layer of 14kt pure gold and permanently bonding it over another metal.
- Gold filled is just below solid gold when it comes to quality and value.
- It’s created by taking a thick layer of 14k solid gold and bonding it through extreme heat and pressure onto a brass or silver base.
- The color looks exactly like 14k gold.
- Anyone who can wear gold can wear gold-filled without worries of any allergic reaction to the jewelry.
GOLD FILLED vs. GOLD PLATED:
- Gold filled is not plated.
- There is 100 times more gold in gold filled than in gold plate.
- Unlike gold plated items, gold filled won’t flake, chip, peel, or turn colors.
- Gold filled is much more valuable and tarnish resistant than gold-plated or “dipped” products.
- Gold filled can last a lifetime when properly cared for.
CARING FOR YOUR GOLD FILLED JEWELRY:
- Your gold-filled jewelry will last for years if properly cared for.
- Always remove jewelry before swimming and bathing.
- Apply perfumes and creams well before putting on your jewelry.
- It’s best to store your jewelry in an airtight container such as a small plastic baggie.
CLEANING YOUR GOLD FILLED JEWELRY:
- Occasionally, gold-filled can tarnish over time and quicker depending on skin, the environment and lifestyle circumstances.
- To clean your jewelry, rub with warm sudsy water (use a gentle household soap like liquid dove) using a cloth or very soft toothbrush - this helps reach small nooks and crannies.
- Rinse off all the soap with clean water.
- Dry your jewelry with a clean cloth or paper towel. (Don't let it air dry.)